fortyfivedownstairs is a small organisation with four full time and three part time staff. We survive with the invaluable assistance of a team of volunteers.
Volunteering at fortyfivedownstairs provides the opportunity to learn new skills, develop networks and to be a part of a vibrant arts organisation.
fortyfivedownstairs can work with volunteers on a regular weekly or fortnightly basis, or casually, as suits you.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer at fortyfivedownstairs please fill in the attached volunteer application form (available in .doc or .pdf) and email it to us at philippa@fortyfivedownstairs, along with a current C.V – we look forward to hearing from you!
We are looking for a part-time Theatre Program Coordinator. This role would suit a highly organised and experienced theatre program administrator and/or a creative producer with a passion for contemporary Australian theatre.
Applications close: Wednesday 4th April 2018
This is a diverse and challenging role responsible for the following:
- work with the Artistic Director to support, develop and promote the fortyfivedownstairs theatre program
- coordinate and produce in-house productions
- marketing (including publicity where relevant) the activities of fortyfivedownstairs, in collaboration with the Artistic Director and Theatre Communications Coordinator, including contribution to and editing of the fortnightly newsletter, direct marketing to groups, advising hirers on marketing assets
- work alongside Production & Operations Manager to successfully deliver projects within budget and in a timely manner
- audience development including ticket offers to creatives and deals to encourage group bookings
- development of performance schedule
- coordination and organisation of openings, supporters’ events & industry
- maintain current timelines of all venue hires, projects and productions, including one off events – recitals, concerts etc
- ongoing management of marketing & publicity for all performance related projects at fortyfivedownstairs
This is a part-time role (averaging 19-hours per week). Pro-rata 0.5 EFT
See full position description here.
Please submit your resume (no longer than 2 pages) and a cover letter outlining your experience and addressing the selection criteria to Mary Lou Jelbart, Artistic Director at firstname.lastname@example.org