- This event has passed.
29 November, 2019 - 14 December, 2019
exhibition dates: 29 November – 14 December 2019
Tuesday – Friday 11am to 5pm,
Saturday 11am to 3pm
fortyfivedownstairs is excited to once again be hosting our community-sourced, small works exhibition SMALL!
SMALL! is an opportunity to see the walls of fortyfivedownstairs covered with an endless variety of styles and media including painting, drawing and sketches, prints, textiles, and small sculptural works. As well, submissions of linocuts, relief prints, sculpture using recycled materials and embroidery show that size is no barrier to experimentation.
All the submitted artworks fit our two simple criteria – they’re no larger than 20 x 20cm and can hang on the wall.
SMALL! is a truly democratic exhibition, accessible for all artists regardless of experience or status. The exhibition will include works from community arts groups, fine arts students and mid-career artists. Artists from the fortyfivedownstairs community have supported us with some wonderful contributions and SMALL! will include works by Janice Gobey, Catherine Pilgrim, Janno McLaughlin and Margaret Gold, among many others.
All the artworks will be priced at $150 no matter the artist or the medium, making SMALL! a chance for audiences to access affordable art. And we want visitors to choose their favourites based solely on what they love, so artist names won’t be listed alongside the pieces.
We can’t wait to show you what can be done in a small space!
Exhibition opens Friday 29 November, 4pm – 7pm. Cash bar available.
SUBMISSIONS HAVE NOW CLOSED
fortyfivedownstairs is inviting submissions from anyone and everyone for our second annual community-sourced small works show, SMALL!
The exhibition will run from 29 November – 14 December 2019.
All submitted artworks will be accepted (terms and conditions apply!).
Please read the following instructions carefully before you begin your application:
- Read through the ‘T&Cs’ at the tab above
- Read through the ‘Entry Form’ at the tab above
- When you have decided on the artwork/s that you would like to submit, gather all relevant information that you’ll need to complete the Entry Form
- Proceed with your Entry, starting with ‘Step 1: Pay for your entry’
- Enter ‘1’ in ‘Enter # of tickets field’, then click BEST AVAILABLE
- Enter ‘1’ in ‘SINGLE WORK ENTRY’ if you are entering 1 artwork, or ‘1’ in ‘DOUBLE WORK ENTRY’ if you are entering 2 artworks
- Enter ‘1’ in ‘RETURN POSTAGE WITHIN AUSTRALIA’ if applicable
- Click ‘CONTINUE’
- Select ‘Box-Office Collection (Credit Card required for ID)’ NB this is a step to get through the system. You will not be required to present your Credit Card at a box office
- Click ‘CONTINUE’
- Enter your credit card details and contact information
- Click ‘FINALISE ORDER’
- Keep your Receipt Number/Confirmation Number for ‘Step 2: Submit Entry Form’
- Proceed to ‘Step 2: Submit Entry Form’
- Fill out Entry Form, ensuring your Receipt Number/Confirmation Number is entered at the beginning
- Agree to Terms and Conditions
- Click ‘SEND MY SMALL! ARTWORK SUBMISSION’
- Deliver your labelled artwork/s to the gallery within five working days of submitting your application. Gallery hours are Tuesday to Friday 11am – 5pm, Saturday 11am – 3pm
- Congratulations, you’re part of SMALL! 2019
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries regarding the application process.
Terms and Conditions for entries into SMALL! 2019
- SMALL! is open to everyone
- There are no age restrictions
- Artworks must be 20 x 20cm x 20 cm/8” x 8” x 8” or under, including framing.
- Artworks must be able to be affixed to the wall.
- Up to two pieces per submission.
- Cost of $20 to submit one artwork, $30 to submit two. To be paid online at the time of submission.
- Submissions must be made online. Artworks must be delivered to the gallery within 5 working days of submitting online.
- Artworks must be labelled on the reverse with artist name, artwork title, and hanging orientation.
- Artworks must be available for sale.
- All works will be priced at $150 each – artists receive $120, fortyfivedownstairs will retain $30 as commission. Prices are GST inclusive if the artist is GST registered.
- Final deadline to submit online is Saturday 2 November 2019, 3pm.
- Entrants submit their work with the knowledge that they are committing to the below dates:
Deadline for submissions: Saturday 2 November, 3pm
Exhibition: Friday 29 November to Saturday 14 December 2019
Unsold works collected: Saturday 14 December 2pm – 5pm OR Sunday 15 December, 10am – 1pm.
- In the event that unsold artworks are not collected on these dates and prior arrangements with fortyfivedownstairs have not been made, they will be disposed of.
- Artworks will be displayed anonymously.
- All artworks must be in sound condition on arrival.
- fortyfivedownstairs reserves the right to withdraw artworks if deemed unsuitable for display. Artworks on paper will be pinned.
- Original artwork packaging may not be kept.
- Due care will be taken whilst the artworks are at fortyfivedownstairs.
- No responsibility will be taken by fortyfivedownstairs for any loss or damage.
- No refunds with the only exception being if the artist has paid for return postage and all works submitted have been sold, postage payment will be refunded along with sale proceeds.
Submit your details and the details of your artworks below.
Please note that you must pay for your entries via the ‘Pay for your Entry’ tab prior to filling out the below form.
We need your payment receipt number included in this form.